OFF-CAMERA FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY AND LOCATION LIGHTING
“Learn to light your subjects on location using speed lights, light modifiers, and accessories with Blair Gable, a freelance editorial photographer and award winning wedding photographer. During the workshop, you will learn techniques to creatively light a portrait, on location, with off-camera flash. Soak up Blair’s years experience shooting portraits, pro sports, and world leaders including Obama, the Queen, and Princess Kate.”
DATE: May 21, 2015 – 10 am – 4 pm (ish)
Third Floor York: 1 York Street, 3rd floor – at the corner of York and Sussex, above Play.
Parking: there are plenty of parking lots on and around York Street.
COST: $300 + applicable taxes
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
– lighting techniques used for portrait, wedding, and commercial photography
– basic photographic and composition techniques
– setting up off-camera flash and why it’s superior to on-camera flash
– different ways to trigger off-camera flash
– different light modifiers to help get the right effect
– creating exceptional portraits with 1, 2, 3+ flashes
– deconstructing photos to make you a better photographer
– getting big results from small lights
The emphasis of this photo course is on your skills behind the camera and your ability to effectively use the camera you have. We encourage digital SLR cameras for this course for ease of critique. Film shooters are welcome – work must be ready for presentation for the critique session. Participants must have an SLR camera and an external flash.
Space is limited! Contact Blair at email@example.com or 613-851-3625 to register.